In order to make the project portfolio management of a financial service provider more efficient, we optimized processes and supported them with the help of individualized software.
Initial situation and objectives
- Portfolio management serves the overall orientation, planning, control and adjustment of programs and projects. Portfolio management aims to implement strategic decisions and is based on iterative prioritisation, decision-making and controlling processes.
- Portfolio management should be designed efficiently in accordance with the security frameworks applicable to the financial sector. For this purpose, processes are to be optimized and effectively supported with the help of individualized software.
- Systematic collection of stakeholder requirements
- Transformation of the technical requirements into a requirement specification for the development of the IT solution
- Accompaniment of the change process in portfolio management through workshops
- Development and documentation of the new portfolio management processes
- Preparation of a portfolio management manual
- Integrated 3-stage planning and control model (portfolio – program – project)
- Consistent top-down planning and consistent controlling at all three levels
- Scenario simulation for optimal resource distribution
- Standardised reporting in line with the needs of the addressees
- Establishment of a continuous and efficient risk and issue management as well as change request management