Following a merger of three cable network operators, we established a consistent process for evaluating and prioritizing projects in order to optimize project selection and implementation.
Initial situation and objectives
- After the consolidation of three cable network operators, the establishment of a consistent governance for new projects is necessary.
- New projects were started within the business units and not in the context of the entire company in terms of resources, capacities and dependencies.
- High capacity utilization in all business segments due to line activities and a high number of projects led to postponements of milestones and implementations
- Establishment of a company-wide consistent process for the evaluation and prioritization of projects in terms of strategic fit
- Review and completion of submitted project proposals and preparation of an overview of all submitted projects
- Documentation of the procedure for long-term implementation
- Selection of projects geared to the strategic goals of the company
- Query of detailed project details such as costs, turnover and profit before project launch